Just so you know where he stands, Mike Pence, who spent so much time in hiding after Trump’s sexual assault tape came out, wrote Donald Trump a congratulatory tweet after last night’s debate in St. Louis:
— Mike Pence (@mike_pence) October 10, 2016
That’s right: Mike Pence says he is “proud to stand with” admitted sexual assaulter Donald Trump. Donald Trump said grabbing a woman’s genitals is not sexual assault. Mike Pence, who watched the debate, and so heard what Donald Trump said, says he is proud of his running mate.
Mike Pence self-identifies as a Christian. As a family man. As a father. But Mike Pence issued his agreement with Trump that grabbing a woman’s genitals is not sexual assault.
For the record, these are all forms of sexual assault:
- Rape—sexual intercourse against a person’s will
- Forcible sodomy—anal or oral sex against a person’s will
- Forcible object penetration—penetrating someone’s vagina or anus, or causing that person to penetrate her or himself, against that person’s will
- Marital rape
- Unwanted sexual touching
- Sexual contact with minors, whether consensual or not
- Incest (Sexual intercourse or sexual intrusion between family members.)
- Any unwanted or coerced sexual contact
In his discussion with Billy Bush, Donald Trump not only admitted to unwanted sexual touching, but he bragged about it. This is sexual assault. No amount of diverting discussion to the threat of ISIS or our borders is going to change that.
And just to be clear, this is the man with whom avowed Christian Mike Pence says he is proud to stand.
No, by including the sexual assault of women as a prerequisite for making America “great again,” Mike Pence has demonstrated he is not an alternative to Donald Trump.