Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
Obama Eviscerates Republicans with Their Own Job Creator Argument
President Obama has once again outmaneuvered his Republican opposition by using their own job creator talking point against them.
Here is the video from NBC News:
Mitt Romney and the Republicans in Congress consistently argue that we can’t raise taxes on the job creators. Today, President Obama turned that argument on its ear by saying we must lower taxes for 97% of small businesses.
Obama said, “What we should do is give middle class families and small business owners a guarantee that their taxes won’t go up next year. When families have the security of knowing that their taxes won’t go up, they’re more likely to spend, and more likely grow the economy. When small business owners have certainty on taxes and can play ahead, they’re more likely to hire and create new jobs, and that benefits all of us.”
The president praised the Senate for passing tax cuts for everybody but the top two percent and explained, “That means 98 percent of Americans won’t see their income taxes go up next year. That means that 97 percent of small businesses wouldn’t see their income taxes go up next year. Not a single dime.”
Near the end of remarks Obama mentioned small businesses again, “Let’s at least work on what we agree on. Let’s keep taxes low on 98 percent of Americans, and we can argue about the other 2 percent. Let’s keep taxes low on 97 percent of small businesses, and we can argue about the other 3 percent.”
President Obama also pointed out that everybody, even millionaires, will get a tax cut on their first $250,000 earned.
The president took the Republicans’ job creators argument for why we must extend the Bush tax cuts, and used it against them for refusing to cut taxes for 97% of small businesses. Obama was expanding his advantage on the tax cut issue into new territory by trying to expose who the Republicans are really trying to enrich with their obstruction.
Obama specifically accused the House GOP of taking cuts for 98% of Americans and 97% of small businesses hostage. The Republicans have done their best to paint President Obama as anti-business with their failed you didn’t build that attack, but Obama keeps responding by pushing Republicans deeper into unpopular territory.
The president took the Republican job creator argument, and wielded it as weapon of equality and fairness against them. Obama is going to make Republicans explain why they are willing to increase taxes on 97% of job creators in order to protect the wealthiest three percent.
Obama is redefining the Republicans’ own talking point, and the GOP never saw it coming.