Rev. Jesse Jackson has announced that he is endorsing Hillary Clinton for president.
In a press release, Rev. Jackson listed the reasons for his endorsement of Hillary Clinton:
Rev. Jesse L. Jackson, Sr., is holding a news conference Saturday, June 11, at 12:30 P.M. to announce his personal endorsement of Secretary Hillary Clinton for president, “the most qualified and best hope” to rebuild urban America and stanch the scourge of joblessness and gun violence that has turned parts of Chicago and other cities across the country into killing fields.
Among the reasons Rev. Jackson unreservedly endorses Sectary Clinton are:
· Hillary Clinton supports getting big money and dark money out of politics and overturning Citizens United.
· Hillary Clinton supports policies of inclusion and greater democracy in our politics.
· Hillary Clinton supports reigning in Wall Street, big business and big insurance companies disproportionate influence on our politics and government.
· Hillary Clinton is against individuals and businesses sheltering their money in foreign tax shelters and believes the rich and big business should pay their fair share of taxes.
· Hillary Clinton supports universal health care and health care as a right.
· Hillary Clinton supports making college education affordable for all Americans who have the ability and the desire to go to college.
· Hillary Clinton is committed to reinvesting in urban and rural America.
Democrats from all segments of the party are coming home and rallying around Hillary Clinton. The Democratic Party is united and ready to make sure that Donald Trump gets nowhere near the White House. Rev. Jackson was able to list seven different policy positions as his reasons for supporting Clinton, while Donald Trump has announced that he is not going to have any policies.
It was less than two weeks ago that the media was talking about divisions among Democrats, but today, it is the Republican Party that looks hopelessly fractured while Democrats from all areas of the party are supporting Hillary Clinton.
Mr. Easley is the managing editor. He is also a White House Press Pool and a Congressional correspondent for PoliticusUSA. Jason has a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science. His graduate work focused on public policy, with a specialization in social reform movements.
Awards and Professional Memberships
Member of the Society of Professional Journalists and The American Political Science Association