The question is no longer whether the behavior of these Republicans is going to cause long-lasting damage to U.S. democracy – it's how much damage will it cause.
Rep. Ted Lieu (D-CA) had a blunt warning for Donald Trump that if he tries to fire Special Counsel Robert Mueller, the American people will take to the streets and try to impeach him.
"At the end of the day, they walked out with a package that they could sign off on and their big donors could sign off on. And I don't care how many sympathetic faces they make, that's what the process was all about."
If this is such a fine piece of legislation, why didn't congressional Republicans rush it to the White House today to get the president's signature on it?
Democrats lead the GOP by a whopping 18 points among registered voters – the largest lead they've held in two decade's worth of midterm election cycles.
Speaker Ryan (R-WI) praised President Trump Wednesday after the Republican permanent tax cuts for the rich were passed, saying something this big couldn't have happened without exquisite presidential leadership.
Trump and Congressional Republicans gathered at the White House to applaud loudly the fact that 13 million Americans will be losing their health insurance due to the repeal of the individual mandate.
The latest Gallup Daily Trump Job Approval tracking poll finds that Trump's approval rating dropped by a point as Republicans were passing their tax cut bill in Congress.
House Republicans made sure that Americans knew who is responsible for harming them by revoting to cut taxes for the rich and pay for it by raising taxes on 86 million Americans.
Trump is going to flaunt his tax hike on the poor and middle class and taking away health care from 13 million people with a victory event at the White House on Wednesday afternoon.
When your father is a U.S. president with historically low approval ratings, it turns out that making surprise visits to schools won’t be welcomed as a nice gesture by a lot of people. Ivanka Trump presumably realized just that after parents of students at Norwalk High School in Connecticut pulled their kids from class after hearing the first daughter dropped by for a visit on Monday.
More than 20 women have accused Donald Trump of either sexually assaulting or sexually harassing them, and a new poll by Quinnipiac found that the majority of U.S. women — 59% — think the allegations are grounds for him to resign from the presidency. On the other side, 41% of men think he should step down for the same reason.
Shelly Simonds, a Democrat in Virginia, unseated Republican delegate David Yancey in the state House after winning the election for the 94th district by a single vote. The announcement came on Tuesday after a recount of votes originally cast last month.
Senate Republicans were too cowardly to pass their tax increase for 86 million Americans in broad daylight, so they passed their bill the same way it was written in darkness while hiding from public view.
MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell told Democrats what they needed to hear as Republicans are passing tax cuts for the rich. The tax cuts for the wealthy are only temporary because they will be repealed by a future Democratic president and Congress.
Rachel Maddow ripped Mike Pence for a lie that was so flimsy and implausible that it is an insult to every American.
Lawmakers of both parties are working on legislation that would make members of Congress liable for settlements of sexual harassment claims against them, as new data shows public funds have been used to settle nearly a dozen cases of misconduct over the last decade.
Sen. Brian Schatz (D-HI) explains how Republicans made an intentional decision to harm the middle class with their tax cut bill.
A new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll found that Democrats hold a double-digit lead in both the generic midterm ballot and voter enthusiasm.
Virginia Democrat Shelly Simonds won a seat in the House of Delegates by one vote, changing the power balance in the state legislature and extending a tide of Democratic victories beginning with November's capture of the governorship and several legislative seats.