One of my friends at Daily Kos just posted some shocking truth bombs about the Mueller investigation. He has a friend who is a consultant to the United States intelligence community and he recently wrote up his comments about what is REALLY going on with the Russia probe.
The friend must remain anonymous, however everything he says has the ring of truth, and his comments provide very interesting insights and information you simply will not receive from reading the mainstream media or from other news sources.
Here are the highlights of what this high-level intelligence source has to say:
- “They had evidence of collusion from day one. Now it’s all about seeing how high up the chain the corruption goes.”
- “Our intelligence services have evidence of collusion with Russians by members of the Trump campaign, mostly in the form of SIGINT” (signal intelligence, i.e. foreign wire taps).
- “It was that SIGINT, both by our intel agencies and by our allies, that caused the investigation to kick off in the first place.”
- “What has leaked to the press is only be the tip of the iceberg. The most damning stuff has been kept secret to protect sources and methods.”
- “The Mueller indictments made public to date hint that (the FBI’s) evidence runs much deeper than what has been publicly revealed so far.”
- “Mueller is playing poker with a whole extra deck stuffed up his sleeve. He has the entire US intelligence apparatus at his disposal.”
- “When he calls someone in for an interview, he often already has something on them, something he knows they will lie about. Then when they lie, he has them… they’ve perjured themselves, and he has the documents or SIGINT to prove it.”
- “They have to flip and become a cooperating witness, otherwise they go down for the lie as well as the thing they lied about.”
- “Mueller gets a cooperating witness that provides new evidence while also holding off on the bigger charges that would reveal too much about what he knows.”
- “The new evidence he collects can then be used to lay similar traps for even bigger fish, working his way up the chain. It’s a classic RICO style investigation.”
- “This thing is actually moving pretty fast compared to others I’ve seen. Conspiracy cases can often drag on for years.”
This source could not predict when the investigation would end, or who would ultimately be caught up in the net. It’s not clear that Trump himself will be indicted. However he did have one final point:
- “If he (Trump) was oblivious of the Russian shit-storm raging around him, he could skate… but if he knew what his staff was doing and gave even a half-hearted nod, Mueller will treat that the same as giving the orders.”
Clearly what Mueller is doing is not a “nothingburger” or a “witch hunt.” More indictments are imminent, and they may go all the way to the top.
I am a lifelong Democrat with a passion for social justice and progressive issues. I have degrees in writing, economics and law from the University of Iowa.