On the morning of the 17th anniversary of 9/11, President Trump seemed determined to provide further evidence that the claims made in Bob Woodward’s new book “Fear” are true.
Here he is once again making 9/11 about himself, the Russia probe, his lawyer Rudy Giuliani, all of his personal obsessions:
– “We have found nothing to show collusion between President Trump & Russia, absolutely zero, but every day we get more documentation showing collusion between the FBI & DOJ, the Hillary campaign, foreign spies & Russians, incredible.” @SaraCarterDC @LouDobbs [0708 EDT]
– #NeverForget #September11th http://bit.ly/2NBrpcr [0712 EDT]
– New Strzok-Page texts reveal “Media Leak Strategy.” @FoxNews So terrible, and NOTHING is being done at DOJ or FBI – but the world is watching, and they get it completely. [0719 EDT]
– “ERIC Holder could be running the Justice Department right now and it would be behaving no differently than it is.” @LouDobbs [0741 EDT]
– Rudy Giuliani did a GREAT job as Mayor of NYC during the period of September 11th. His leadership, bravery and skill must never be forgotten. Rudy is a TRUE WARRIOR! [0759 EDT]
– Departing Washington, D.C. to attend a Flight 93 September 11th Memorial Service in Shanksville, Pennsylvania with Melania. #NeverForget [0824 EDT]
– 17 years since September 11th! [0858 EDT]
Only a deranged elected person would make 9/11 tweets attacking the DOJ and FBI.
This photo is Trump gesturing after arriving with first lady Melania Trump at Johnstown-Cambria Airport in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, prior to taking part in the 17th annual September 11 observance at the Flight 93 National Memorial today. He looks like he is going to a campaign rally rather than a memorial. This is the wrong attitude and behavior for a memorial. This is not hard.
Rachel Maddow was right in her assessment of Bob Woodward’s point– we should be afraid. This man is not well, he can’t even manage a photo op of a day, which is what his schedule called for today, without throwing feces at the wall and screaming about how he wants to be treated while nursing his petty, self-centered grievances.
Republicans will not check this man; instead they have aligned themselves even further with him in the lead up to the 2018 midterms, even going so far as to enable him to appoint a second, this time unvetted already proven liar to a life time place on the highest court in the land. Yes, this man, the one who authored these tweets.
The one who is not well, the one who is so clearly unfit for office, the one they should be seeking to impeach rather than enable.
For more discussion about this story join our Rachel Maddow and MSNBC group.
(Compiled by Reuters Bengaluru bureau)
Ms. Jones is the co-founder/ editor-in-chief of PoliticusUSA and a member of the White House press pool.
Sarah hosts Politicus News and co-hosts Politicus Radio. Her analysis has been featured on several national radio, television news programs and talk shows, and print outlets including Stateside with David Shuster, as well as The Washington Post, The Atlantic Wire, CNN, MSNBC, The Week, The Hollywood Reporter, and more.
Sarah is a member of the Society of Professional Journalists.