Rep. Adam Schiff has some big plans next year when he takes the chairmanship of the House Intelligence Committee from Devin Nunes. And those plans involve destroying the presidency of Donald Trump.
Schiff is one of a number of House members who will rise to power when Democrats take control of the House in January. Through a series of targeted hearings and investigations he plans to bring down Donald Trump and neutralize his presidency. And this will be accomplished without requiring impeachment either.
Since November 6 Schiff has made his intentions clear by making several statements about the new House investigations he will start once he takes over the Intelligence Committee. And one thing is very clear: President Donald Trump is going to be in some very big trouble.
Here is a list of the investigations that Schiff has said he will begin as part of his comprehensive plan to destroy Donald Trump and his presidency:
- In an interview with the Los Angeles Times, Schiff said that he and his committee would revive the Russia probe. He has always believed that Devin Nunes ended the investigation prematurely, but now he said he will go to great lengths to find out if Russia has any financial leverage over Trump. “The president has sought to keep that off limits, but if that’s the leverage Russians pose that’s a real threat to our country,” Schiff told the Times. Schiff has been saying for months that Democrats will not only continue with the Russia investigation but they have already found evidence of collusion.
- Several days ago it was reported that the House Intelligence Committee will hire money-laundering and forensic accounting experts to investigate Trump’s financial dealings. This means all of Trump’s crimes, such as money laundering and fraud, will be the subject of House investigations.
- Schiff has promised that when Democrats win back House control they are going to release Trump’s tax returns.
- Schiff wants to examine whether Trump has tried to use “the instruments of state power to punish the press,” particularly the Washington Post and CNN. “It is very squarely within our responsibility to find out,” Schiff recently told“Axios on HBO.”
- Schiff said earlier this month that his party plans to challenge the appointment of acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker. In an op-ed, Schiff called for Whitaker to recuse himself from special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russian investigation, which he had criticized in the past. “The president and Whitaker should heed this warning: The new Democratic majority will protect the special counsel and the integrity of the Justice Department,” Schiff wrote.
- Schiff told the Washington Post that he plans to investigate the murder of Saudi dissident Jamal Khashoggi, and also Trump’s dismissal of the CIA’s conclusion that Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman was behind the plot. “We’ll look at what the intelligence community assessments are at any given time,” Schiff told the Post. “Then it will be quite clear whether the president is relying on the intelligence community and our best source of information or whether the president is representing something very different.”
- Schiff said that Trump’s financial ties to Saudi Arabia will also be of great interest. “There are a whole set of potential financial conflicts of interest and emoluments problems that Congress will need to get to the bottom of,” Schiff added.
Democrats in the House believe they have a mandate to hold Donald Trump accountable. The Constitution gives them the power and the responsibility to do this. And Adam Schiff has a master plan to bring out the truth about Donald Trump’s corrupt and treasonous dealings. When he does this, the truth will be self-evident: Donald Trump is a criminal and should be removed from the office of the presidency ASAP.
I am a lifelong Democrat with a passion for social justice and progressive issues. I have degrees in writing, economics and law from the University of Iowa.