Trump blustered, blamed, and distracted, but what didn't do was offer a defense of his crimes committed with Michael Cohen during his Fox and Friends interview.
After taking a day off for some unexplained reason, President Donald Trump was back on Twitter Sunday morning addressing many of his favorite topics, including:
- Attacking his former personal attorney Michael Cohen,
- Defending his son, Donald Trump, Jr.,
- Threatening to shut down down the government,
- Demanding Congress give in to his demands on immigration, and
- Repeating the ridiculous claim that his favorable poll numbers are higher than any other Republican president, including Abraham Lincoln.
He wrote first, “Do you think the Fake News Media will ever report on this tweet from Michael?” referring to a report that Cohen had complimented Trump Junior. “So proud of @DonaldJTrumpJr for being open, honest and transparent to the American people,” Cohen wrote on Twitter on July 11, 2017, attaching a photo of Trump Jr. for good measure. “This nonsense needs to stop!”