The latest Quinnipiac University poll found that a majority of Americans believe that Trump is embarrassing and unfit to be president.
According to the Quinnipiac University Poll:
– President Donald Trump is not “fit to serve as president,” American voters say 56 – 42 percent, and voters disapprove 57 – 36 percent of the job he is doing as president.
– Trump is not fit, Democrats say 94 – 5 percent and independent voters say 57 – 40 percent. Republicans say 84 – 14 percent that he is fit.
– Men are divided 49 – 49 percent, as women say 63 – 35 percent he is not fit.
– White voters are divided as 50 percent say he is fit and 48 percent say he is not fit. Trump is not fit, black voters say 94 – 4 percent and Hispanic voters say 60 – 40 percent.
– Voters say 51 – 27 percent they are embarrassed to have Trump as president.
59% of respondents said that Trump is not honest. 60% believed he does not have good leadership skills. 67% said that he is not level-headed, and 61% of respondents believed that he does not share their values.
Americans see right through Donald Trump, and they want him gone. The numbers suggest that there is a powerful moral argument that can be made against Trump in 2020 and Republicans in 2018. The argument for the Congressional races in swing districts is that the Republican Party does not share the values of voters. Democrats have spent too long trying to argue facts and policies in districts where elections are won on beliefs and values. The idea that red districts can flip with the right policies has been proven over and over again not to work.
In 2020, Democrats should be preparing to take a page from the Bush 2000 playbook. The Democrats need a nominee who can make the argument that honor and dignity must be restored to the White House. It is time for Americans to have a president that they can be proud of.
Trump is fighting with the NFL and reviving culture wars because that is what his tiny base wants, but his divisiveness is backfiring, as the majority want the humiliation to stop and the unfit president gone.
Mr. Easley is the managing editor. He is also a White House Press Pool and a Congressional correspondent for PoliticusUSA. Jason has a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science. His graduate work focused on public policy, with a specialization in social reform movements.
Awards and Professional Memberships
Member of the Society of Professional Journalists and The American Political Science Association